[OM] Re: OM-2s Shutter Speed Dial

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2s Shutter Speed Dial
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:11:27 -0500
If ss dial is tight, problem is with ball bearing and notches it rides in.
Though there is a gear engaged at the bottom, it is not involved in this
problem.  Likely problem is that dial edges are dirty & dry, and
ball bearing has worn a rut in the dial itself.  One fix is to lightly file
out the dial slots with a rat tail file.  Clean, lube and rebuild. After
snapping shutter speed dial down, be sure to lift B Lock lever out of the
way.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington, NY, 11743-4714,
631-424-2121, www.zuiko.com