[OM] Re: (OM) Totally OT OT Tsunami

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Totally OT OT Tsunami
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 06:19:35 +0000
I think that it will continue to worsen Brian.  The poor people
affected by this disaster will probably take years to rebuild their
lives; they will need continuing help.

I wonder why there was no call to the various radio stations around the
area to warn people; it was hours before the tsunami hit some places,
although Aceh was pretty well ravaged as soon as the earthquake
occurred.

Chris

On 2 Jan 2005, at 21:30, Brian Swale wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> About 5 days since the Sumatra earthquake, radio reports here in NZ
> give
> out that the estimated death-toll is now up to 130,000; and 1,500,000
> are
> severely displaced.  Seems that no Zuikoholics have been hurt,
> thankfully.
>
> Aceh and Sri Lanka now have monsoon rains on top of the problems.

<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.
+44 (0)7092 251126