[OM] Re: (OM) Totally OT OT Tsunami

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) Totally OT OT Tsunami
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:38:10 +0000
I understood that there was a warning system in place, however simple,
but I must have been wrong.  However, many people must have known about
the earthquake, would have known its effects on the sea and so could
have put out a warning.

As for notification, the BBC's World Service still has a pretty good
audience in far-flung places.  And what about Radio Free America, or
has that gone down the "too liberal" Swanee?

Chris (hoping not to have mixed too much metaphor or imagery ;-))