[OM] scanning with my CanoScan FS2710

Subject: [OM] scanning with my CanoScan FS2710
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:20:04 -0400

My CanoScan FS2710 is not working as intended whether with slides or with
negatives. I wonder if someone might have an idea or three as to why not.

The scanner will produce an on-screen "preview" image.

After on-screen adjustments have been made I cannot get the scanner to save
the image to the hard drive. The following error message appears on screen:

"SCSI error. Please check the following: The scanner may be disconnected or
power off. Error code 0x8021000"

I have reinstalled the scanner software from the CD and the following
on-screen error message occured:

"Please make sure that your SCSI devices are connected properly and are
turned on."

I am running Windows 98 SE on a Pentium 4, with >500Mb of RAM, a 2.3 gHz
chip and a 120 gig HDD.

Where do I go look to see that my SCSI devices are connected properly?

Any and all comments will be appreciated.

John Hudson