[OM] Re: scanning with my CanoScan FS2710

Subject: [OM] Re: scanning with my CanoScan FS2710
From: "Donald MacDonald" <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 17:52:37 -0000
On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:20:04 -0400, John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My CanoScan FS2710 is not working as intended whether with slides or with
> negatives. I wonder if someone might have an idea or three as to why not.
>
> The scanner will produce an on-screen "preview" image.
>
> After on-screen adjustments have been made I cannot get the scanner to
> save
> the image to the hard drive. The following error message appears on
> screen:
>
> "SCSI error. Please check the following: The scanner may be disconnected
> or
> power off. Error code 0x8021000"
>
> I have reinstalled the scanner software from the CD and the following
> on-screen error message occured:
>
> "Please make sure that your SCSI devices are connected properly and are
> turned on."
>
> I am running Windows 98 SE on a Pentium 4, with >500Mb of RAM, a 2.3 gHz
> chip and a 120 gig HDD.
>
> Where do I go look to see that my SCSI devices are connected properly?
>
> Any and all comments will be appreciated.
>
> John Hudson

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Is your SCSI chain terminated, John? I fixed lots of niggly little
problems with my Acer Scanwit by fitting a terminator to the scanner. I
expect different setups will provoke varying problems that are actually
termination issues.

In My Computer/Properties/Device Manager no problems ever showed up. But
the simple act of fitting the terminator to the SCSI out socket on the
scanner and Voila! Problems solved.

HTH,

D.

--