[OM] Re: E-300 Review

Subject: [OM] Re: E-300 Review
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:01:32 +0000
Yes, thanks Dean.

Mr Wrotniak writes about digital photography in the Olympus Circle
magazine (pamphlet) and I must admit to having found his style and tone
brash and over-self-opinionated (what, me?  No, I'm never like that!
;-)); I wrote to the editor and told him what I thought ...

... but this tone and this style are quite entertaining, and useful on
his website.  Perhaps because I am now used to the same tone used by a
fair number of reviewers & opinion-staters on various websites, I can
handle Mr Wrotniak's essays.  More the point, his analysis of the E-300
is pretty useful as a prompt to check my knowledge of different
controls and their settings on the E-1.  He's obviously a brainy bloke,
and he doesn't let a little solecism of vocabulary or grammar get the
way of a good point.  I wish I were that clever or confident in a
second language.   On the other hand, our parish priest is a Pole and
his English has improved hugely over a very short period of time;
perhaps they are all cleverer than I am ....

I am glad that he hasn't tried Metz flashes on either of the digital
bodies.  I have already ordered the small Metz flash (28 something) to
use on my E-1.  I will then decide whether to take up the FL-36 order I
have made.  Once I have sorted out the flash capability, I shall be
happy with my setup of E-1, 14-54, flash and Sigma 55-200.

Chris

On 22 Dec 2004, at 19:29, Walt Wayman wrote:

> Thanks for the link!  Looks promising.  I'm getting moderately excited.
>
> This is the direction in which I'm leaning -- at least today.  This
> camera, with one or two "digital" lenses, should tide me over,
> allowing me to use my stash of Zuikos, too, until "digital film" gets
> here in a year or two, with a full-frame 12-megapixel replacement back
> for my OMs.
>
> I know this is coming.  I can feel it in the air!  I can feel it in my
> bones!  I can see it in my dreams!
>
> Walt, a '60s survivor subject to occasional hallucinations and visions

> From: "Dean Tyler" <dtyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> This is a fairly good first impression of the E-300.
>>
>> http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/oly-e/e300-rev.html
>>
>> Dean

<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker