[OM] Re: Zenitar Fisheye

Subject: [OM] Re: Zenitar Fisheye
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:43:21 -0000
Peleng and Zenitar are different lenses, but often available at the same
places.  Peleng is Ukrainian from Kyiv, Zenitar Russian from Krasnogorsk
(but there may be Belarusian variants from Belomo).

Wayne mentioned the difficulty in getting space for the OM lens release
button on the Peleng - take care, because the Peleng is often sold as
"available in T-mount".  It may well be that the mounting thread is M42x0.5,
as on a T-adapter, but the flange-film register is less than on a T-mount,
and a standard OM T-mount will not provide infinity focus, and it is
impossible to custom fit one for just the reason Wayne described.

--
Piers