[OM] Re: An E-1 pic

Subject: [OM] Re: An E-1 pic
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:53:17 +0100
iwert schrieb:

> this is one of the things I definitely DON'T like about the digital
> workflow:
> The Magic Multiplication Of Files. I see myself ending up with 1. a lowres
> file,   2. an aRGB-file, 3. an sRGBfile, 4. probably a RAW for "you never
> know" reasons, 5. the artsy one and I'm sure I missed 6!

:)))

In fact, just do one RAW aRGB to begin with and it's like your digital
negative. You want to resize, sharpen or whatever and sRGB it anyway,
just like you have to when scanning from film. This would be the lowres
at the same time. You start from the RAW, develope it to your artsy
Tiff, save it if you like, then do the net stuff. BTW, C1 pro allows to
do 3 conversions (to Tiff or Jpg - or *and jpg, and different sizes) at
the same time.

> BTW: About 15 pictures I made got publicized in a "biography" about Jo
> Coenen, a very good Dutch architect. Long live the 24 shift + velvia!
> http://www.naipublishers.nl/architectuur/coenen.html

congrats! So you can afford an E-3 now? *duckwegrenn

cheers
:Doro

PS CD with pics arrived safely yesterday!