[OM] Re: Ethical Q re shipping E*bay item Int'l

Subject: [OM] Re: Ethical Q re shipping E*bay item Int'l
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:21:33 -0800
Wayne Culberson wrote:

> .... Now as the shipper, you are responsible for filling
>
>>the claim with your friendly postal employees.  To say that is  a royal pain
>>

>>in the a## is to grossly understate the facts.  The question  becomes do you
>>

>>just send the buyer a check for his $100 or do you waste 25 hours of your life
>>

>>trying to get your claim settled.  I'm not saying to not buy  the insurance...

,My 2 cents worth.  Bill  Barber

>As the buyer, I never buy insurance on epay items. I'm certainly not rich,
>but I don't need to insure items worth $100. Do you even need it for $500?
>But from a sellers point of view, it makes sense, since the buyer is paying,
>and since it avoids the fraud of their claiming they didn't get the item.

After one round with the USPS, which I didn't even bother to finish once
I saw where it was going, I don't think their insurance is worth much of
anything. I've been using delivery confirmation. That way I forstall the
buyer claiming non receipt, so I'm only betting on the PS getting it
there eventually in one piece. It's worked fine so far.

Moose