[OM] Re: Ethical Q re shipping E*bay item Int'l

Subject: [OM] Re: Ethical Q re shipping E*bay item Int'l
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:47:40 EST

In a message dated 12/14/2004 10:18:27 AM Central Standard Time,
om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

If the  package disappears, I fear I will have to give him his money back,
and eat the  whole amount.

The moral to myself?  Be more careful of defining  shipping options,
insurance, etc. up-front, or insist on using EMS in the  auction conditions.

Any advice?

Explain to him what happened (your delay in shipping) and if  you haven't
already done so, apologize. If you get negative feedback  because of that, take
your lumps and put some explanation to his negative  feedback after in has been
finalized.  If I bought something and the seller  waited two weeks to mail it
(and that has happened) I'd be pissed and I would  let the seller know first
with my words and then with my feedback.

Unfortunately, I agree that should it, in fact, be lost you need to eat the
loss.  A bitter pill, but not one that will kill you.

My advice: Learn from your mistakes and just remember that 100 years from
now there will not be one human being on this planet who cares about this
upset.
 That should perhaps help to put it all into perspective.  Should you have a
tombstone one day it will not read, "He was late shipping package, rest in
peace."

Create a great day for yourself and the Universe.  [8^)  Bill  Barber