[OM] Re: Camera prices and values/changed topic i think

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera prices and values/changed topic i think
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:23:33 -0000
Moose wrote:

> Actually, the OM-1(n) had one significant compromise vis a vis the best
> mechanical SLR of the day. The F2 (and the F? I just can't remember. )
> has a direct, mechanical action, sort of like the OM-1, but the Nik*n
> activates both mirror and diaphram. Maybe they dropped mirror lock-up
> alone on the OM-3 series because it didn't make much difference.

Maybe you're right. Perhaps in order to compete with the Nikon they needed some
kind of mirror lock-up. By the time people realised it didn't help much, it was
too late. But equally, there was not much point in putting it on the OM-3
because people knew by that stage it wasn't up to much?

Or maybe they thought people could do the aperture themselves with the DoF
preview button if they wanted. Someone must have invented a gadget to hold it
in for use on a tripod...

Simon