[OM] Re: E-BAY scam? Update.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-BAY scam? Update.
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 19:19:48 +0000 (GMT)
 Thanks to Jim, Jeff, John, John, Bill....And anyone
else who responded....  I do not believe in Father
Christmas  :-(   and the offer was much too good to be
true.. Managed to contact seller who confirmed that
the camera had indeed been sold last week. Also
confirmed he had been getting masses of feedback for
items he had NOT sold.
        BEWARE OUT THERE.  have reported scam to
e-bay...await their reply with interest...Regards John
Duggan.

- Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> on 12/5/04 2:22 PM, JOHN DUGGAN at
> john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Can anyone help. I have received an offer that
> > seems too good to be true. Placed a tracking bid
> of
> > £400 on a Leica M6 >
> John -- That has -got- to be a scam. Don't fall for
> it! Most likely the
> email you got is not even actually from the original
> seller, but probably
> someone trolling through the 'losers' and trying to
> rip someone off. >

=====
Regards
  John Duggan,