[OM] Re: E-BAY scam?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-BAY scam?
From: John Wheeler <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 11:49:33 +1100
G'day, John,

A mate of mine (Can*n D20 user actually but he's really a nice bloke)
told me of a similar incident as follows.

A seller from Adelaide, South Oz  had  listed and sold a swag of low
priced gear over a period of around twelve months. He'd thus amassed
some good feedback. Then he suddenly listed with nice descriptions and
photos in a series of ads for quite expensive items which were
apparently successfully bid for. Then it appears that a number of the
unsuccessful bidders for these pricey items were contacted by the seller
with the story that the high bidders were unable to complete the
transaction and the penultimate bidders could now have the item for the
same (or lesser) cost. Apparently a number of blokes fell for the scam
and parted with some serious dollars.

Be careful. (Does he write with an Australian accent? :-)

John,
Sydney, Oz.