[OM] Re: T45 -- my solution

Subject: [OM] Re: T45 -- my solution
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 21:25:19 -0000
Walt Wayman wrote:

> I've got two T45s, two dead or dying NiCd packs, and a
> charger.  I may or may not see about fixing or getting fixed
> the packs, <snip>

Due to the relatively high cost of repairs, and relatively low value, I
think it is a difficult decision.

> <snip> The Quantum
> solution is not cheap, but it gives even faster recycling
> than a "good" pack and gives the added bonus of transferring
> the weight to the belt (my preference) or to the shoulder.

The thought of the cables between me and the device puts me off. I use
the flash for home life photography; and I often put it down and pick it
up.

> Like it's hard to beat raw horsepower in cars, it's hard to
> beat big guide numbers with flashes.

The T32 and PGB2 that I currently use is brilliant for what I do with
it; even though people take the p*ss for looking like a press
photographer! The T45 will be worse in that respect, but the sheer power
of the unit is impressive. F11 at 12ft on 100 ASA film is actually quite
impressive.

Simon