[OM] Re: Slighty OT: Leitz projector lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Slighty OT: Leitz projector lens
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:48:05 -0800
If I can add my two cents. A couple of years ago when this discussion
was going hot and heavy Gary Reese produced a test slide for a slide
projector. I was quite disappointed in the performance of my Leitz
projector with the Colorplan 90 flat field lens. I remounted the slide
in a glass slide mount and found that I could determine no difference
in performance. Gary suggested some extra steps in set up to maximize
the quality of the projected image, but I found it was beyond what I
wanted to go through. And digital display came along and I did not
worry about it any more.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA