[OM] Re: another 135mm, focal length no one likes

Subject: [OM] Re: another 135mm, focal length no one likes
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:23:41 -0200
on 20/11/2004 15:02, AG Schnozz at agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Is it a MC 50/3.5 ?
>> Didn't know there were silver nosed 50/3.5s.
>
> With the moniker of "AG-Schnozz" you think I'd own anything but?
Certainly not AG, sorry if I was not making my question as clear as I
should.

> Mine is serial number 125,4xx.  Silver-nosed and firmly
> ensconced in the realm of SC.
Since I had never heard before complaints about flare on a 3.5, I wondered
if yours was SC or if I was missing something.

> I really do have a reason for preferring the older single-coated
> lenses.
No doubt, the 50/3.5 MC is much more popular. On must have good reasons to
prefer the SC. For example, I think I have good reasons to prefer the 2 over
the 2n, despite the facts and advice of knowledgeable inmates.

Regards

Fernando.

PS: I'll test my G Zuiko with Velvia 50 soon ...