[OM] Re: Canon D20

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon D20
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:15:02 -0800
C.H.Ling wrote:

>I knew it very well that they will not meter since the S1 pro date

I thought you knew that, but wanted to make sure someone less
knowledgeable didn't read your post and assume both metering and auto
diaphram would be available for their old Nikkors on the lower end DSLRs..

>, but for me I will trade it for auto stop down, metering in digital is not so
>important to me

And my preferences are the reverse.

>, I can always preset the exposure (with a bit under as
>always) like the old date without meter on camera. With digital you can see
>the result immediately (as long as it is within two stops, there is no
>problem to get the exposure right back later by software)

True. Although I'm not sure there is a full stops of headroom on the
over side. Sometimes it seem so, sometimes like less. I guess I would
prefer to spend the time with the diaphram before the shot than with the
LCD and histogram afterwards. It also gives forced DOF preview. :-)

Moose