[OM] Re: Pen FT

Subject: [OM] Re: Pen FT
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:23:22 -0800
on 11/8/04 11:58 PM, Gordon Ross at gordross@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Mark, Jim and Skip.
>
> I have one FT that seems perfect, one that is very good but the focus screen
> has been cleaned by attilla the hun and has scratches and one that is great
> except the top plate is damaged- I surmise that it would be easier to just
> switch the top-plates than the focus screens?
>
> Gord

Yes absolutely. One of my 'future' projects will be to convert a
'microscope' Pen F (really a Pen FT without a meter) into a usable camera...
on big difference is the focusing screen. I believe I can possibly cut down
an OM screen (probably a 1-13 since they're everywhere) and fit it. But I
won't know for sure until I try. Its more than just cutting to size, the
actual location has to be just right for focus accuracy. So I'm kind of
waiting to try it until I gather enough courage to believe I can get it
right. Plus it will mean almost a complete dismantling of the camera to get
it in there, adjusted and fit right.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...