[OM] Re: 10/28 fragment of my day

Subject: [OM] Re: 10/28 fragment of my day
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:12:06 -0600
Chris,
Yes, that's pretty much correct about the browsers and sRGB.  I pull the
capture image into AdobeRGB when it opens, as that's my working space
(forgot to mention that step).  Left in AdobeRGB, the browsers will flatten
out and desaturate the color.  Such at least is the behavior in the PC
world.  I'd be curious if it is similar on a Mac, if you care to experiment.

My curves adjustments are extremely simple, and there are mainly two of
them (almost never used together -- one or the other is usually
enough).  Assuming levels have already been corrected (white and black
points only), in curves I will sometimes grab the line right in the middle
at around 128 and drag it down to about 115.  This often improves the
"body" of the color palette, and it's very subtle and, I think, not
damaging.  The other adjustment is for contrast:  click the very middle of
the line to anchor it, and then grab the middle of the lower segment and
pull down a little and watch to see if contrast improves.

I will soon have access to an old G4 Powerbook at work, so I expect to be
ambidextrous in the future with any luck.

Joel W.