[OM] Re: {OT} Retired? Keep things interesting....

Subject: [OM] Re: {OT} Retired? Keep things interesting....
From: Gordon Ross <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 23:03:35 -0600
Hi Earl:

John A despite being a heavy imbiber (drunk) was the first and built the
ribbon of steel, and seems like he had the skills but Canada does not
'cannonize' our PM's, Tommy Dougles advocated and instituted medicare and
deserves much respect but I will go with Pearson who in far more complicated
times ran a decent government but internationally he was a great statesman
putting a very small nation with barely 2% of the world's economy into the
limelight by brokering peace with strength of character and unselfish good
will - our troops standing between combatants while more diplomatic
solutions were explored. I would credit Lester B. Pearson as the father of
the coming of age of our Canadian identity.

Gord