[OM] Re: Motor Drive 1

Subject: [OM] Re: Motor Drive 1
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:36:38 +0000
Looks like I'm running one step behind Piers today.  It took me a while to find
my "new model" MD1.  It was hiding underneath (i.e., attached to) the chrome
4Ti, so I overlooked it at first.

Anyway, OM-4 loaded with 36-exp. outdated roll of Tech Pan, body cap on, set to
manual, small button MD1, M.18V control grip, running WFO (that's a racing
term) on sequence.  Nary a torn sprocket hole.  And even after the roll had
obviously reached the end, I pulled the trigger three or four more times.  Not
even a dent.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

-------------- Original message from "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>:
--------------

> I understood your supposition to refer to the off-list response (which is
> why I only quoted that). I take John's "if you try to fire more than 2-3
> times" to mean 2-3 presses of the shutter release rather than 2-3 frames.
>
> But if you think there is nothing wrong with your MD1, who am I to disagree?
>
> MD1 with M15v at full tilt, at end of film the MD clutch slipped. Fired
> several more times, with no difference, and no torn sprockets. Changed to
> M18v, on which 'full tilt' is more like 5fps with same results. And no
> wasted film (I left the lens cap on)!
>
> --
> Piers

===