[OM] Re: Motor Drive 1

Subject: [OM] Re: Motor Drive 1
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:56:21 +0100
Walt wrote:

> My experience is the same as Piers', although with one old model MD1,
> one new model MD1, and two MD2s.
> Never had such a problem.  But I don't shoot sequence much, so.....

I think I need to test on another film on non-sequence and see what happens. It
wrecked my one and only test film at the end, though, so I can't test easily.

My interpretation is that if it happens on sequence when its pedal-to-metal at
the end of the film, then it's possbily to be expected (with film being pulled
through at 8" a second it must take quite a lot of torque, and the difference
at the end of the film must be difficult to detect).

But if anyone says that they can leave it trying to fire in sequence up to and
past the end of the film, and their film doesn't rip, then clearly my MD1 is
not gentle enough.

Has anyone got a spare (expired?) film hanging around they could test the above
on with their MD to see what happens?

Thanks,

Simon