[OM] Re: Motor Drive 1

Subject: [OM] Re: Motor Drive 1
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:28:51 +0100
Piers wrote:

> I understood your supposition to refer to the off-list response (which is
> why I only quoted that).  I take John's   "if you try to fire more than 2-3
> times" to mean 2-3 presses of the shutter release rather than 2-3 frames.

I difference of interpretation, though I'm not sure how different the effect
would be.

> But if you think there is nothing wrong with your MD1, who am I to disagree?

I don't think that at all. I don't think anything. It's precisely what I'm
trying to deduce!

> MD1 with M15v at full tilt, at end of film the MD clutch slipped.  Fired
> several more times, with no difference, and no torn sprockets.  Changed to
> M18v, on which 'full tilt' is more like 5fps with same results.  And no
> wasted film (I left the lens cap on)!

That's great, thanks. Whatever you do (within reason), yours doesn't bust the
film. Mine does, which possibly means it's too aggressive.

Regards,

Simon