[OM] Re: Lunar eclipse

Subject: [OM] Re: Lunar eclipse
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:44:04 EDT
Well, you all should have come to Houston where the deer and the antelope
roam and skies are not cloudy all day.  Not really, however there were no
clouds in the sky and it was fabulous for an hour or so. I'd like to tell  you
planned well and got a bunch of great photographs, but I'm not going to  start
lying to you guys now.  Left a meeting about 9:30 and took a few  pictures with
the 50-200mm on the e-1 with a 1.4 teleconverter, giving me a 35mm  equiva
lent of 560mm which was way too little.  Got home and without  a great deal of
time put my Russian made 1000mm mirror on the e-1 and  cranked off a few more
flames.  You really need better light than what a  full eclipse provides
however
I'm sure I got some useable stuff.  It was  hot and there were a bunch of
mesquitoes, but it wasn't all bad, as the moon was  spectacular.  Bill Barber