[OM] Re: OM lens cases cracking and shedding leather

Subject: [OM] Re: OM lens cases cracking and shedding leather
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:32:15 -0700
My experience is consistant with yours. The older lens cases seem to be in
better condition. Also the cases that olympus used for their large filters
seem to be pretty bad. I got one from Olympus yaBe that was sticky, and left
black goo on anything in contact with it. Olympus probably used a different
subcontractor for the newer cases. The old and newer ones sure seem to age
differently judging by the few I have. I've also seen some old Vivitar
Series 1 cases that are worse - they develope a not so lovely cracked finish
with age.

It will be interesting to see how the new soft E-1 lens bags hold up. When
they are new, they are nice!

-jeff