[OM] Re: DSLR decision,

Subject: [OM] Re: DSLR decision,
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:58:57 -0700
I don't think that is really true. All you have to do is look at
feedback on forums and lens reviews on digital cameras to see that
lenses make a huge difference on a CCD as well as film. Saying that a
sensor is more limited than film is very controversial and some people
would say just wrong. What sensor are your referring to? They are not
all the same. Neither is film.

If you follow digital development at all performance of each new DSLR
sensor has equalled or exceeded the performance or the  prior ones in
the same format class.  So there should be no worries about an E-300.
Olympus will have to upgrade the E-1 though to equal it.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA