[OM] Re: DSLR decision, was Watercolor/fine art paper

Subject: [OM] Re: DSLR decision, was Watercolor/fine art paper
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:47:57 +0100

On 19 Oct 2004, at 2:48 pm, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

>   For someone who
> has neither, I'd probably buy the Evolt over the e-1,  to get my feet
> wet and
> then move to the e-whatever when it is released.

It struck me that it would be better to buy the cheaper body and more
expensive lenses (don't know if it will be possible to get them
packaged this way round) as the bodies will get outdated much quicker
than the lenses. That is unless in lens image stabilisation comes out.

> Chris, your reply on the art paper was the only one I received, so I'm
> guessing not many are trying other stuff with their printers or are
> not printing
> their own images.

I've been trying some pretty run of the mill paper (realised the pun
after I wrote that) from Kodak, Epsom, HP, etc. None of it the really
textured art stuff. The trouble I'm finding is with b/w coming out
tinted when I don't want to. If I stick to Canon paper (for a canon
printer) all seems pretty good. The HP is a pretty good match in this
regard.

James