[OM] Re: Zoom

Subject: [OM] Re: Zoom
From: Wim Verheyen <aemit@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:07:55 +0200
Cc: gordross@xxxxxxx
Strange that no one mentioned the Kiron 28-85mm f/2.8-3.8.
It is big and heavy, it takes 67mm filters and has a macro mode to 1:4.
Here are some review notes : http://medfmt.8k.com/third/cult.html#kiron
It is a one touch varifocal zoom, which means that you have to refocus
after zooming,
it seems to enable the designers some more degrees of freedom in designing
the lens,
enabling them to achieve better optical results.
Putting a filter on the lens is a bit of a problem : a regular filter
vignettes at
28mm wide open, I don't know if a slimline filter will not vignette.
I have used it with a rubber collapsible hood which can be set from wide
angle to
normal to tele.
Interested ? Make me an offer I can't refuse ;-)
Pictures : http://gallery98571.fotopic.net/c285846.html

  Wim Verheyen, Houthalen, Belgium, aemit@xxxxxxxxx
  Photography and synthesizers
  http://users.skynet.be/aemit/        http://aemit.fotopic.net/