[OM] Manual sniping / ruined success

Subject: [OM] Manual sniping / ruined success
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:23:12 +0200
Hi Brian,

Brian Swale wrote:
> It was when I came to confirm my bid that the whole
> system slowed down on me, slowed down to less than 50%
> of previous speed. When my bid finally (never) went
> through (ie got a response from the auction machine)
> it told me that bidding had closed.  Grrr !!
> Here's the item I thought I just could have in the bag
> if I worked it right.
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3839097857
> Oh well, that's life. :-)

Oh well, that nice 2.0/35mm Zuiko ...

I missed that item too for the same reason,
sudden no-react-eBay. I did manual bidding,
no refreshing, but just "dead". I guess more
bidders and probably automatic snipers were
hit by that slowdown too. If you look at the
bid history, there just was nothing really
happening at the end of auction. I cannot
explain that ridiculous low final otherwise ...
Bad for us, but must be bad for the seller too.

Andreas