[OM] Manual sniping - was Re: Re: Price of Zuiko 50 3.5 (macro) -- eBa

Subject: [OM] Manual sniping - was Re: Re: Price of Zuiko 50 3.5 (macro) -- eBa
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:54:56 +1200
Jeff wrote

> Open up a window at least five minutes before the auction ends. REFRESH the
> window every minute. If you open multiple windows the last one refreshed will
> probably connect quickest. Place bid to hit 7 seconds before end. It's been
> more
> reliable than esnipe for me. Probably not as reliable with a dial up
> connection
> though (using cable at home).

I had figured out the refresh time, through doing at least 4 refreshes in the
previous 6 minutes or so.

It was when I came to confirm my bid that the whole system slowed down on
me, slowed down to less than 50% of previous speed. When my bid finally
(never) went through (ie got a response from the auction machine) it told me
that bidding had closed.  Grrr !!

I have had snipe programs miss this way as well, though on the rare
occasions I paid for them I don;t think they did.

Here's the item I thought I just could have in the bag if I worked it right.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3839097857&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT

Oh well, that's life. :-)

Brian