[OM] Re: HRCCUD (home repairs can cause unusual damage)

Subject: [OM] Re: HRCCUD (home repairs can cause unusual damage)
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:45:20 +0100
That is precisely why not to use acetone (as a substitute for
whatever-the-alcohol-is-called-where-you-live).

That's not to say it won't do a particular job better (noted re the lens
adhesive), but if it gets where it shouldn't be, it can do more  harm than
the alcohol.

Equally, for the tough stuff, I have a toluene/hexane blend which works
wonders, but I wouldn't want to use it more than the minimum necessary.

(I suspect I have left myself open to the observation that acetone *are*
alcohols, if so, let me off lightly will you?)

Piers