[OM] Re: Increased digital camera storage

Subject: [OM] Re: Increased digital camera storage
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 02:16:58 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:

>It's the foundation and thus the root of all evil. It's not just a DOS,
>it's THE DOS.

A clone, really. And their raison d'etre is reliability, so it's not
MSDOS. Looks like something coded from scratch to emulate DOS functions
<http://www.datalight.com/product_detail.asp?p_id=20&archive=0>.

I hope that helps. :-)

> It was the mention of autoexec.bat  that tweaked my
>chain. Shudder.

That stuff I used to understand. I even wrote a couple of utilities in
assembler for it. The last remnants of one of them may actually retire
this year, if the It folks can get their bloated new replacement up and
running.

Moose