[OM] Re: LCD Monitor (was What's missing?)

Subject: [OM] Re: LCD Monitor (was What's missing?)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 23:12:55 +0800
Well, you have very good equipment. I feel CRT looks more natural than LCD
(at least my non-pro LCD), but one problem with CRT is you have to wait
until it warm up to give a stable color. I just measured my 17" EIZO LCD
with a grey pattern, four corners EV8.1, 8.0, 8.0, 7.9 and center 8.0 all
measurements repeated a few times and all got consistent results. I believe
it is very good and I'm very happy about it. The viewing angle is very good
too (vertical), within +/- 20 deg I can't visual any change in contrast of a
photo image.

I have consider to buy a display card with DVI but I really don't want to
invest on anything that may not give any improvement as the current analog
interface gives very acceptable result to me. I can only see one immediate
advantage is I can connect the DVI o/p to my LCD and the analog o/p to my
video projector. Now I have to switch between the two, but we don't watch
home movie very frequently so it is still ok.

C.H.Ling