[OM] Re: What's missing?

Subject: [OM] Re: What's missing?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:13:15 -0700 (PDT)
> >> And are you proposing an Orton type technique to pull back
> the 3-dness?

> Slide montage: one shot sharp, about a stop overexposed, the
> other well out
> of focus and also about a stop overexposed. Vary the degree of
> overexposure
> of each to vary their relative contributions. Best done on a
> tripod to
> maintain registration.

Ah, yes.  I've actually done this a fare bit.  However, it's one
of those things where a little goes a long way.

My low-brow silver-nosed lenses probably do some of this because
of the higher flare characteristics.  Also, the diffraction
around the blades is a bit different than modern lenses too.
Smear is variable depending on color.

AG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail