[OM] Re: What's missing?

Subject: [OM] Re: What's missing?
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:06:41 -0400
Dithering is an A/D technique used to improve resolution by introducing
a small amount of noise. It prevents getting stuck between code values
that result in a single output. Grain noise in film may keep everything
from getting stuck on monotone. Also, with digital cameras, in their
attempt to reduce noise by various algorithms, may be creating what you
describe in the sky of the E-1 shot. It is interesting the way our eyes
& brain perceive.

Wayne