[OM] Re: What's missing?

Subject: [OM] Re: What's missing?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:58:36 +0100
I can 'see' just what you mean, AG - the two images that CH posted last week
(one E-1 and one OM) I think showed something similar.  Looking at the blue
sky, there was grain aplenty in the film image, but the digital image had
recognisable 'steps' in the sky tone.  OTOH the digital image did not appear
to be of lower definition, and was very impressive ... but it didn't have
the subtlety of the film image.

Additionally, I wonder if the increased depth of field in a digital image
(related both to focal length and typical maximum aperture) plays any part
in this phenomenon.

Piers