[OM] Tamron 60-300 manuals

Subject: [OM] Tamron 60-300 manuals
From: "arnab banerjee" <arnab_banerjee_@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:35:33 +0000
Dear all,

I have a couple of problems and I am certain some of you will be able to
help.

I purchased few items from KEH.com and somehow faced some extraordinary bad
luck. The shipment consisted of:
1. TAMRON ADAPTALL LENSES - 60-300 F3.8-5.4 SP MACRO (62)
2. TAMRON ADAPTALL LENSES - ADAPTALL 2 (OLYMPUS)
3. TAMRON ADAPTALL LENSES - 2X SP FLAT FIELD
4. TAMRON ADAPTALL LENSES - 70-210 F4-5.6 MACRO (52)

I made the purchase over the net from India and had the package mailed to a
friend in Sunnyvale, CA. When I finally received the package in India(after
considerable delay as expected), I noticed that the 60-300 had some
problems. An inside element seems to be loose and was hitting the rear of
the front element. I thought that the element has somehow got unscrewed
during transit.
The other problem with the shipment was the Adaptall 2. It was not getting
attached to my OM2000.

Last week I managed to take the whole lot to my repair person. The 60-300
seems to be unable to focus even after tightening the loose element. He is
taking a look at the issue and hopefully he can resolve it.
The Adaptall 2 turned out to be for Minolta instead of Olympus although the
packaging and bill clearly mentioned that the Adaptall 2 was for Olympus.
The other two items looks alright, but had to be kept untested as I do not
have a Minolta body.

I am looking for repair/technical manuals available in electronic format for
the 60-300. If any of you know the location, please mail me the url or the
manual itself. This might help my repair person solve the problem. I am also
looking for a user manual for the same lens. Please let me know if the same
is available in e-format.

I have some plans of visiting Austin, Texas next month. I will look for the
Adaptall 2 for Olympus once I am there. If any of you happen to have a
spare, please let me know.

Thank you all for patiently reading this far.

Regards.
Arnab.

1 Paisa No Reserve Auctions.
http://ads2.baazee.com/cgi-bin/banners/redirect.pl?id=2553 T-Shirts, Shirts,