[OM] Re: Tamron 60-300 Manuals

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 60-300 Manuals
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 02:42:22 -0700
James Michael King wrote:

>no problem its not a bad lens. On ebay in the uk it is not popular because
>of its size and weight.

Yes, we're stronger here... :-)

> Very good condition ones can be picked up for
>about 50 pounds or less.
>in macro mode it does not have quite the sharpness of the Tamron 90mm but
>unlike the 90 (which can only go 2:1) the 60-300 will focus closer and go
>1:1

Point of order. It goes further than the 90, but to 1:1.55, not all the
way to 1:1.

It's not for flat field like the 90, but great for typical nature macro
shots where only part of the frame will be in focus anyway. I don't
rememer which 90mm was being talked about, but I can say the 90/2.5 has
a very flat field, as a true macro lens should.

> I find it quite difficult to accurately focus mine but my father has
>used two for aircraft photography for years and is happy with them.

I don't find mine hard to focus.

Moose