[OM] Re: 100mmF2

Subject: [OM] Re: 100mmF2
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:10:07 -0700 (PDT)
Well, the 100/2 does amazingly well with extension tubes.
Personally, I find 90mm too short for my macro work and prefer
100 or 200mm.  (most lenses with floating elements shorten focal
length as they focus closer).

The 100/2 is an incredibly good looking lens and combined with a
OM-3Ti is the very best looking Olympus kit ever made.

Neither lens is a slouch.  Both are heads and shoulders above
most other lenses.  You'd be happy with either one.

As to going digital--either lens would still work well (probably
the nod going towards the 100/2) and if you are serious about
field macro work, you'll find the 200/2 equivelent with the E-1
to be smoking.

Alas, they don't come in silver-nosed versions.

AG-Schnozz

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail