[OM] Re: Re: Re: 100mmF2

Subject: [OM] Re: Re: Re: 100mmF2
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:35:35 +1200
Hi Andreas and all,

Sounds like a good idea, but maybe not quite what you think. Perhaps I did
not write clearly enough.

The lens actually cost me $600 NZ. (about what I paid for my little car !!). It
was second-hand or third-hand.

But the camera shop had replaced of the front element for a person who (just
before me)  bought the lens from them, and who returned the whole lens
saying they didn't like it (or some such excuse). The replacement front
element cost $27NZ I was told by the shop.

This camera shop has good business - the owner would happily take the
lens back knowing it would sell again fast - which it did - within a day - and
their other customer (who returned the lens) would probably stay to be their
customer because he had friendly treatment from the shop.

I have no thoughts of selling this lens.

Hope that helps.

Brian