[OM] Re: Photo Opps in Sardo

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo Opps in Sardo
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:24:11 -0700
on 9/14/04 12:51 PM, Chris Barker at ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> OT: I was thinking of buying an Xpan on the proceeds of the sale of my
> Contax G2 and lenses, but I seem to have been afflicted by some sort of
> con merchant.  He tells me that he is being sent abroad by his employer
> and that he wants to buy my camera quickly.  He will send me the
> travelling allowance cheque (about 3000GBP) and trust me to refund him
> the difference when it has cleared.  I cannot see the scam in this, but
> I am concerned for his sanity <quizzically raised eyebrow>
>
> Chris

100% Scam all the way...

You post out the goods and return the difference from your good-funds
account, then a week later your bank tells you that the GBP3000 cheque (I
hope I spelled that right) has no sufficient funds, and when you check with
your buyer, he's long gone.... and he has your G2 and your money!

Insist on a good payment of the correct amount. If that cheque is any good,
the current travelin' man holder can get cash for it himself... why should
-you- be his banker...?!
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...