[OM] Re: Hello fellow zuiko or Olympus fans

Subject: [OM] Re: Hello fellow zuiko or Olympus fans
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 00:04:22 -0300
on 10/09/2004 01:46, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> You can do the same thing with an OM-2n, OM-4(T(i)) or
> OMPC in Manual Mode by the simple expedient of putting a bit of tape
> over the left forward hot shoe contact (as viewed from the rear).
I'm getting a little confused... isn't it the *right* forward shoe contact?

> so the 1/60 is not set.
Camera on Manual Mode is set at the speed you selected.
Camera on Auto Mode won't set at 1/60, working as plain 2.

> The one consequence is that the flash
> ready and confirmation light in the viewfinder then doesn't work.
If I tape the left forward hot shoe contact (as viewed from the rear), ready
light in the finder lits, but doesn't blink.

Fernando.