[OM] Re: Hello fellow zuiko or Olympus fans

Subject: [OM] Re: Hello fellow zuiko or Olympus fans
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 21:48:03 -0700
on 9/8/04 9:28 PM, Chris Barker at ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Welcome Ian
>
> I use a Manfrotto 055CB with a 352RC ball head.  That combination is
> pretty sturdy, but I always have a little bit of "sag" when setting up
> a shot and it takes a couple of goes to get the elevation right with
> the ball head.
>
> I should imagine the 180/2 and 1.4x combination is pretty heavy ...

Yes, Ian, I suspect that the 180/2.0 and 1.4x will be unbalanced, even using
the tripod screw threads in the 180's 'handle'... so I recommend that you
box it up and send it to me. I'll carefully test it and determine just the
right setup to hold everything in balance -- this should only take a couple
of years or so. Don't bother to thank me, its really no trouble at all...
<g>
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...