[OM] Re: OM77AF - Lenses that won't work

Subject: [OM] Re: OM77AF - Lenses that won't work
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:24:19 -0500
To quote the service manual:

MT6065 and MT1011 (600mm and 1000mm) cannot be used.
Reason -- Unadaptable to linking mechanism between body and aperture.

MR5080 (500mm) cannot be mounted.
Reason -- Penta-prism of upper plate hinders the operation of the
mount-remove button.

M8FE (?)
Reason -- (none given)

Auto-bellows, Slide Copier, Full Film Stage, Trans-illuminator, or Double
Cable Release cannot be used.
Reason -- Penta-Prism of upper plate hinders the operation of the
mount-remove button.  No connection hole (for cable release I assume).

It is difficult to mount Auto-Extension Tube 65-116.  Tripod cannot be used.
Reason -- Penta-prism of upper plate hinders the operation of the
mount-remove button.  Front plate hinders the tripod.

Ring Flash is not adaptable to AF zoom lens.
Reason -- front frame rotates in AF mode.

T45 is not available.
Reason -- Connection is impossible.

Polarizing filters and R filters are not available (including circular
polarizers)
Reason -- AF error caused by polarization and by reduction of light
intensity.

> One thing that puzzles me, although it is, particularly now, of no
importance and just a matter of curiosity, is that in Shipman's book, it
says certain lenses cannot be used with the OM77, among other Oly bits.  The
lenses he lists are the 500/8 reflex, 600/5.6, and 1000/11.  I can
understand that the camera may lack the oomph to operate the diaphragm in
the 600 and 1000, but what's the problemm with the 500/8, which has no
diaphragm?  Idle minds want to know.