[OM] Re: OM77AF - Lenses that won't work

Subject: [OM] Re: OM77AF - Lenses that won't work
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 15:20:26 -0700
PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service wrote:

>Auto-bellows, Slide Copier, Full Film Stage, Trans-illuminator, or Double
>Cable Release cannot be used.
>Reason -- Penta-Prism of upper plate hinders the operation of the
>mount-remove button.  No connection hole (for cable release I assume).
>
>It is difficult to mount Auto-Extension Tube 65-116.  Tripod cannot be used.
>Reason -- Penta-prism of upper plate hinders the operation of the
>mount-remove button.  Front plate hinders the tripod.

These 2 should be easily solved by using a short extension tube between
camera body and accessory. It changes the minimum extension but should
work for many uses. The use of the OM mount bellows with the 300d and
Kindai adapter has the same problem with the overhanging flash assembly.

Some of the rest of the limitations make the camera seem even less
desirable than I thought, if possible.

Moose