[OM] Re: OM77AF - To buy or not to buy?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM77AF - To buy or not to buy?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:36:51 +0000
Thanks, Piers.

You're right.  Ambivalence usually means give it a miss, which I now intend to
do.  Maybe I will look for an OM-PC for use in the bear den or on the RR.  I've
got plenty of winders (4), and since 50/1.8 lenses are approaching the
disposable status, that may be the way to go.  I noticed just a day or two ago
that KEH had an "ugly" 50/1.8 for $1.99.  Considering how they grade stuff, I'm
sure it's still perfectly usable.  Of course, I have a few myself.

One thing that puzzles me, although it is, particularly now, of no importance
and just a matter of curiosity, is that in Shipman's book, it says certain
lenses cannot be used with the OM77, among other Oly bits.  The lenses he lists
are the 500/8 reflex, 600/5.6, and 1000/11.  I can understand that the camera
may lack the oomph to operate the diaphragm in the 600 and 1000, but what's the
problemm with the 500/8, which has no diaphragm?  Idle minds want to know.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --