[OM] Re: excessive quoting OT now...

Subject: [OM] Re: excessive quoting OT now...
From: Michael Kopp <mkopp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:04:32 +1200
At 16:39 -0700 4/9/04, R.Jackson wrote:
>On Sep 4, 2004, at 4:26 PM, Michael Kopp wrote:
>
>>  Ummm, this is a list for photographers. Do we have any blind
>>  photographers here?
>
>Heh...I had a -6-and-change dioptric adjustment on my viewfinder eye
>until Thursday. I had lasik at 11:30 Thursday morning, though, and can
>already see better than I've been able to since I was 8 (when scarlet
>fever destroyed a lot of my vision and hearing).

[snip details of surgery]

>The operation was a
>strange experience, but worth it.
>The whole experience has been a dream come true for someone
>who's always struggled with poor vision.

Well, I'm saving my pennies. Minus 3.5 in my shooting eye, and
astigmatism, and it's unbalanced with my other eye, which is only
about minus 2.5.

Don't know if I could handle the experience of the surgery, though,
awake at least, soft toy or not! Maybe with a couple of dolls holding
my hands ... But I was once a medical photographer, and that put me
off ever having anyone come within cooee of me with anything sharp.

Thanks for the courage-builder. Now who can tell me where to get
enough dosh to afford the damn procedure?

Cheers from the Antipodes,

--
Michael Kopp
Wellington, New Zealand