[OM] Re: excessive quoting

Subject: [OM] Re: excessive quoting
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 16:35:00 -0700
Caution, yet another style follows, multi post reply with individual
bottom posting.

Tom Scales wrote:

>Bottom posting made sense in the days of 300 baud modems.  It doesn't today.

I agree.
James Royall wrote:

>Top-posting is great as far as I'm concerned (using a Mac, but makes no
>difference) - I use a preview pane and so can quickly run through
>messages without having to open or scroll.

Yup!

>Bottom posting always makes me mutter.

Mostly does for me too. However, I sometimes bottom-post when both quote
and reply are very brief. Sometimes it just looks better and more
readable to me that way.

>Judicious clipping is certainly a help though.

Yes indeedy.

Chris Barker wrote:

>You seem to be a good sport Michael,  so this is for you – in the
>spirit of convention ... ;-)
>
>I'll give it a go for a few weeks.

Oh, no! Your post took much longer to grock than your usual top-post style.

Moose