[OM] Re: WTB & Question

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB & Question
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 23:11:08 +0200
Wayne :)

Wayne S schrieb:

> Nice shot Doro. Looks like the kind of fly that bites around here.

Luckily this kind doesn't!

> It would be nice if Oly made a longer macro for the E-1.

I hope so too, from what I've heard they will expand the macro side,
they always have been good about this.

> As a macro lens, I have trouble getting to the 90/2 aperture preview
> button.

true, it's hard to use. On the E-1 no problem though ;)

> My basic OM bag has 90/2, 35-80/2.8, 180/2.8 and choice of 24/2.8, 21/2,
> 18/3.5, or 16/3.5 depending on my mood.

I've never been much into wideangle shooting - until I got the E-1 with
11-22. I just love that lens. I guess again it's the instant control
that encourages me. I do have 2/28 and 2,8/24 for OM though and started
using the 24 more now that I have some experience with the 11-22. Isn't
that funny?

> I have a hard time not
> carrying some sort of macro with me. Otherwise I prefer the 100/2
> over the 90/2, and 85/2 is too close to the zoom but it certainly
> feels better in the hands. I wonder about the rubber hood for the 85
> causing problems?

I don't have the 2/100 (who was it on this list several years back that
got one really dirty from e*bay incredibly cheap? I did see it first but
didn't have the courage to bid because the picture was so terrible :).
But never mind, I'm very happy with the 90 and 85. Mostly I take the 90
though because of the extra macro range. The 85 was a near-Fang because
of a slight dent in the filter ring. No problem to fix a filter but the
hood won't fit well..

Have a nice day

:Doro