[OM] Re: What's in a name - really OT

Subject: [OM] Re: What's in a name - really OT
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:07:08 +0100
OK, a guy I knew at University had a rather unfortunate name ....

If you were a proud new parent, trying to decide on a name for your
new-born son, you might think that "Christian" was a good name.  Indeed,
for many people it is a good and acceptable name.  However - if your
surname happens to be "Welfare" you might want to think twice !!!

The poor bloke got teased mercilessly about it for years.  I really
can't believe that his parents didn't see it coming - one of them was a
school teacher.  It was just, plain cruel !

Jon